Site Rules

Discussion is encouraged about what rules there are (i.e. not many) or what rules there should be on the forum.

Site Rules

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:43 pm

This is a low moderation site but it will not tolerate personal hostility for long. If you come here to start attacking individuals you can expect to be suspended after a warning or two. If you return and do more, you'll be banned.

On the other hand, it welcomes and encourages criticism of ideas. If you think the aquatic ape theory is pseudoscience, you are welcome. But please tell us why.

The mantra is critical thinking from all sides about everything. And that includes what few rules there are to start with.

If you think there should be more rules, fewer rules, or no rules at all, please describe why.

Algis Kuliukas
AlgisKuliukas

Re: Site Rules

Postby NotAlgis » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:18 am

(Abusive content removed) The Savannah Theory is da best!
NotAlgis

Postby CEngelbrecht » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:16 am

Wow, that was quick.
CEngelbrecht

Postby Not RP » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Alg1sKul1ukas wrote:(Abusive content removed) The Savannah Theory is da best!

(Negative conduct removed)
Not RP

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Recursive Prophet wrote:

What d'ya reckon? Don't you think people who choose usernames like "Alg1sKul1ukas" are being just a bit provocative? I mean if they hate me so much and want to make their opposition clear, why not choose "NotAlgis" or something like that? I'm thinking of introducing a new rule... No user names that are obviously misleadingly close to others.

Maybe I'm in the top twenty! :)

Algis
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:04 pm

CEngelbrecht wrote:Wow, that was quick.

The first but, no doubt, not the last.

Algis
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Postby simoninrio » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:17 am

(Abusive content removed)
simoninrio

Postby Chakazul » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:29 pm

AlgisKuliukas wrote:
Recursive Prophet wrote:

What d'ya reckon? Don't you think people who choose usernames like "Alg1sKul1ukas" are being just a bit provocative? I mean if they hate me so much and want to make their opposition clear, why not choose "NotAlgis" or something like that? I'm thinking of introducing a new rule... No user names that are obviously misleadingly close to others.

Algis

It seems to me that banning of imposers (or sarcastic imposers) is a rule of thumb in any kind of internet forum.

Anyway, great place for AAH discussions. No more forced merge, no more exile of thread.
All models are wrong, but some are useful.
Chakazul

Postby BanmeNow » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:12 pm

What happened to Iceaura and Recursive Prophet? They're missing from the members list.
BanmeNow

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Chakazul wrote:
AlgisKuliukas wrote:
Recursive Prophet wrote:
Alg1sKul1ukas wrote:The AAT sucks massive donkey balls! The Savannah Theory is da best!

Leave Algis alone! He is the tenth most important proponent of the AAT in his own mind.

Algis

It seems to me that banning of imposers (or sarcastic imposers) is a rule of thumb in any kind of internet forum.

Anyway, great place for AAH discussions. No more forced merge, no more exile of thread.

Thanks Chak.

I'm hoping persuasion will work better than laying down the law.

Algis
AlgisKuliukas

Next

Return to Site Rules / Feedback