Us3rNam3z

Discussion is encouraged about what rules there are (i.e. not many) or what rules there should be on the forum.

Us3rNam3z

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm thinking of introducing a new rule... no usernames that are obviously chosen to mislead people by being b=very close to other exiting ones.

Any thoughts?

Algis
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Re: Us3rNam3z

Postby CEngelbrecht » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:48 pm

It's an obvious confrontation, so definitely, yes.
CEngelbrecht

Postby Not RP » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:12 pm

AlgisKuliukas wrote:I'm thinking of introducing a new rule... no usernames that are obviously chosen to mislead people by being b=very close to other exiting ones.

Any thoughts?

Algis

Good idea. Also all foreign sounding names should be forbidden.
Not RP

Postby CEngelbrecht » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:21 am

Recursive Prophet wrote:Good idea. Also all foreign sounding names should be forbidden.

What 3v3r, Ensan.
CEngelbrecht

Postby old_dosed » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:47 am

I just found this forum via TR, and i see someone has been busy meshing up my (very) old messages with small edits to look like replies here.
If you are serious about this rule, just delete "dosed_" altogether.

Here's an example of the forgery: look at the bottom of first page from 'Main Stream Models'...'What is the mainstream view today? '
And then look at my original message from TR: http://www.talkrational.org/showthread. ... post924409
It wasn't a reply for mistermack, it was for Michael Clark -makouli-

P.S. check your inbox on TR, for the proof.
old_dosed

Postby CEngelbrecht » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:50 am

For crying out loud. Handle theft is not awesome, stop it.
CEngelbrecht

Postby old_dosed » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:01 am

Who said anything about being awesome?
But since he is also copying my old messages, changing the context... it is dishonest, pointless, and can bring nothing useful but confusion.
Why would anyone keep such a member?
old_dosed

Postby CEngelbrecht » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:07 am

old_dosed wrote:Who said anything about being awesome?
But since he is also copying my old messages, changing the context... it is dishonest, pointless, and can bring nothing useful but confusion.
Why would anyone keep such a member?

I agree. I have deleted the post in question and suspended 'dosed_' (with underscore) for seven days.

User 'dosed_', you're encouraged to open a new profile with a more valid username and stop the deliberate confusion. If your behavior continues, your IP-number will be banned permanently.
CEngelbrecht

Postby old_dosed » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:20 am

Why deleting only that message?
All his messages are 99% copied from mine, and seem to have no relevance in these discussions. He is a spammer, with nothing to contribute. (It's just a guess but It has that mad dentist smell to it, OHSU?)
old_dosed

Postby CEngelbrecht » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:07 am

I have now confirmed that all 13 posts by user 'dosed_' (with underscore), consisted of snippets from various Talk Rational posts by the TR user called 'dosed' (no underscore).
That is lame beyond all recognition. All those posts have now been deleted, and the ban on 'dosed_' is extended to permanent, including IP number.
CEngelbrecht

Next

Return to Site Rules / Feedback