Persistent Personal Baiting / Masquerading

Discussion is encouraged about what rules there are (i.e. not many) or what rules there should be on the forum.

Persistent Personal Baiting / Masquerading

Postby admin » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 pm

This forum hasn't even been going a week and already it's attracted a small gang of anonymous people who, despite attempts at persuasion, have persisted in endless baiting and juvenile behaviour like pretending to be people known to be relatively open to this idea elsewhere.

No surprise there, then.

Well, as promised, I've not tolerated it for long. The person who has pretended to be "Iceaura" (it's not the person who goes by that name on the science forum) has done this once too often and so has been suspended for a week. If, when that expires, the user continues, I'll ban that account permanently.

To others of similar persuasion, please refrain from doing this. You may be as skeptical about these ideas as you like and criticise them but if you keep haranguing individuals or playing childish games pretending to be people you are not, you can expect the same.

The whole point of this forum is to allow open, rational debate about waterside hypotheses of human evolution. If you can't debate them rationally and with civility, please go away.

Algis
admin
Site Admin

Re: Persistent Personal Baiting / Masquerading

Postby Cakemaker » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:33 am

admin wrote:
The whole point of this forum is to allow open, rational debate about why I am right sbout the waterside hypotheses of human evolution. If you can't agree with me, please go away.

Algis

When will you be leaving?
Cakemaker

Postby CEngelbrecht » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:59 am

Cakemaker wrote:When will you be leaving?

You people really need to get a life.
CEngelbrecht

Postby admin » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:09 am

Cakemaker wrote:
admin wrote:
The whole point of this forum is to allow open, rational debate about why I am right sbout the waterside hypotheses of human evolution. If you can't agree with me, please go away.

Algis

When will you be leaving?

I won't, but you will, pretty quickly, if you keep this up.

It might be a pure coincidence that you turned up here just an hour after the person who pretended to be "Iceaura" was suspended but I'm not tolerating the kind of stuff you do.

Any posts you vandalise in your juvenile way will simply be deleted.

One more post from you that is not on topic and civil and you'll be suspended.

If you think this is pseudoscience, here's a challenge: On the Science v Pseudoscience forum start a thread, or add to the existing one there, that explains why you think that. See if you can write a whole post of your own without any slurring or baiting.

Algis
admin
Site Admin

Postby Recursive Prophet » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:50 am

admin wrote:If you think this is pseudoscience, here's a challenge: On the Science v Pseudoscience forum start a thread, or add to the existing one there, that explains why you think that. See if you can write a whole post of your own without any slurring or baiting.

If he does that then we'll know for sure it's not cakemaker from TR but some other Dag. I have yet to see cakemaker ever do anything but distort the words of others. I think that's all he's capable of doing.
Recursive Prophet

Postby admin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:30 pm

I have changed a couple of usernames.

I changed "Alg1sKul1ukas" to "NotAlgis" because I thought it was a deliberate act of provocation .

Also, someone registered as the user "Recursive Prophet" on Fri 4th Nov. This was a masquerading act by someone, presumably, trying to bait a user who has used that username for years elsewhere. The original "Recursive Prophet" is not an "AAT" proponent but has usually been relatively open to the idea. The "Recursive Prophet" here was hostile.

At least one or two other opponents to the "AAH" have done this, as far as I can tell.

The original "Recursive Prophet", upon seeing this behaviour, decided to take a well known aquaskeptic's username ("Eversbane") in response.

That user then joined, adopting the username "RobertRothbury".

Recently, "Eversbane" (the original "Recursive Prophet") responded to "RobertRothbury's" (the original "Eversbane") criticism of his name being taken and, in response, the original "Recursive Prophet" suggested that the names be switched back to what the users would have preferred in the first place.

As the user named here since 4th Nov, "Recursive Prophet" (whoever that really is) suspended his/her account, I have renamed it to "Not RP" thus freeing up the user name "Recursive Prophet" to the user who has used that name for years elsewhere.

From now (9th Nov 2011 17:23) on, posts by "Recursive Prophet" are not from the same person as the earlier ones, which will now appear as belonging to the user "Not RP".

Of course the actual text of posts may still refer to the old names.

If RobertRothbury would like to, "Eversbane" is now free and I'll rename his account if he would like.

Confused? You're not the only one! :roll:

Please, just use your real name, or at least avoid, deliberately taking names of others elsewhere for provocative purposes.

Algis
admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Rules / Feedback