Hello from Pauline

Introduce yourself to everyone. Remain anonymous if you insist but why not be a little more open and tell us who you really are?

Hello from Pauline

Postby PaulineMRoss » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi Algis, and everyone else. This site is a great idea, and I look forward to many interesting and productive debates.

When I joined the usenet group sci-anthropology.paleo (sap) some years ago, one of my objectives was to discover just why conventional theories of human evolution were right and water-based ones were wrong (as so many professionals and experts assured me was the case). I never did find out, and I moved on when the level of ad hominem drowned out any rational discussion. But I'm still open to sensible discussion from all sides of the argument, and hopefully this forum will encourage that.

Good luck!

Pauline M Ross, Nairn, Scotland
PaulineMRoss

Re: Hello from Pauline

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:35 am

PaulineMRoss wrote:Hi Algis, and everyone else. This site is a great idea, and I look forward to many interesting and productive debates.

When I joined the usenet group sci-anthropology.paleo (sap) some years ago, one of my objectives was to discover just why conventional theories of human evolution were right and water-based ones were wrong (as so many professionals and experts assured me was the case). I never did find out, and I moved on when the level of ad hominem drowned out any rational discussion. But I'm still open to sensible discussion from all sides of the argument, and hopefully this forum will encourage that.

Good luck!

Pauline M Ross, Nairn, Scotland

Great to see you here, Pauline.

I always remember you as a rare voice of reason on SAP. I hope you find time to lend us your thoughts a lot!

Algis
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Return to Greetings