Hello everyone

Introduce yourself to everyone. Remain anonymous if you insist but why not be a little more open and tell us who you really are?

Hello everyone

Postby fceska » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:15 am

My name is Francesca and I have always been a believer in the 'Aquatic ape theory' to give it the name I've always known (controversial though it is). I'm more of an artist than a scientist, so I may not be able to add much to the discussions, but I am eager to learn more about what is currently believed and being put forward.

I'm a big fan of Elaine Morgan's and have read all her books. I recently joined the AAT yahoo group and was shocked to discover how much disagreement there is and how strongly some people believe their own point of view is the only right one. Personally, I believe there is so much we don't yet know that nobody can claim to know it all, and we have to keep our minds open. The only thing I know for sure is that water played a very important role in our evolution. Let's see what else will come to light from this group...
fceska

Re: Hello everyone

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:22 am

fceska wrote:My name is Francesca and I have always been a believer in the 'Aquatic ape theory' to give it the name I've always known (controversial though it is). I'm more of an artist than a scientist, so I may not be able to add much to the discussions, but I am eager to learn more about what is currently believed and being put forward.

I'm a big fan of Elaine Morgan's and have read all her books. I recently joined the AAT yahoo group and was shocked to discover how much disagreement there is and how strongly some people believe their own point of view is the only right one. Personally, I believe there is so much we don't yet know that nobody can claim to know it all, and we have to keep our minds open. The only thing I know for sure is that water played a very important role in our evolution. Let's see what else will come to light from this group...

Welcome Francesca. I share your sentiments exactly.

I hope the discussions here will be open minded and not dogmatic.

My view is that we certainly don't have much of an idea about why we are so very different from chimps and gorillas, but whatever it was... More wading, swimming and diving for food in waterside niches could only have helped.

Algis
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Return to Greetings