How long will I last?

Introduce yourself to everyone. Remain anonymous if you insist but why not be a little more open and tell us who you really are?

Re: How long will I last?

Postby CEngelbrecht » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:05 pm

RobertRothbury wrote:
CEngelbrecht wrote:
dosed_ wrote:Algis was saying the "aquatic-ape" is the best idea since Darwin.

Just for the sake of record, I think that was actually me.

For the record, Algis said that Hardy's idea "Was man more aquatic in the past?" was the best idea since Darwin. He's been saying so for some time.

Oh. Then him and me both. The core of it is that if some variation of AAH has validity, it would the biggest step forward in understanding human evolution since Darwin, even including Dart.
CEngelbrecht

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:23 pm

RobertRothbury wrote:
AlgisKuliukas wrote:
RobertRothbury wrote:Hello, Algis & Co.

I have to say, I was not going to bother with this site, but there is at least one issue that must be addressed.

For many years now I have been eversbane on the web. There was no other. Now there are two, and the one here is an imposter.

I am here, Algis, in the open. How long will I last?

Hello Robert

Welcome to the forum. I guess the 'imposter' who took your name did so in response to the 2 or 3 others who did a similar thing first.

I don't condone any of this type of thing.

You'll be welcome as long as you don't stoop to the methods you used on Talk Rational. Keep it civil and reserve your criticism to the ideas/arguments and you'll last as long as you like.

Algis

I follow rules. The rules there allowed what I did. The incident related to those actions of mine there will not be raised here... not by me.

I will address the arguments only at all times. If at any time you don't like what I have to say about the arguments presented, you are in charge - feel free to do as you please.

I have no concern about the username except to specify that it is not the same person here as there.

Good. Me too.

Algis
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:47 pm

RobertRothbury wrote:lol.

If I log off, there won't be anybody here.

lonely, lonely waterside.

Sneering noted. Thanks.

Almost 200 posts (excluding my own) in just over a week isn't a bad start.

Algis
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Postby RobertRothbury » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 am

AlgisKuliukas wrote:
RobertRothbury wrote:lol.

If I log off, there won't be anybody here.

lonely, lonely waterside.

Sneering noted.

Algis

At the idea. Not at the person.
RobertRothbury

Postby Recursive Prophet » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Hello Robert. Welcome to the forum. I don't know who you are, but I am, and have always been, eversbane. Heh, not really, but as one of your fellow dags took the name I always used-Recursive Prophet-I decided to cop yours. I did so as I saw you as a likely candidate for posting as me.

Now that this has been sorted out, perhaps Algis can switch the names so that we are both using our previous identities. No biggie, but in the name of continuity I hope it is possible to make the change. -Arpie
Recursive Prophet

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:24 pm

eversbane wrote:Hello Robert. Welcome to the forum. I don't know who you are, but I am, and have always been, eversbane. Heh, not really, but as one of your fellow dags took the name I always used-Recursive Prophet-I decided to cop yours. I did so as I saw you as a likely candidate for posting as me.

Now that this has been sorted out, perhaps Algis can switch the names so that we are both using our previous identities. No biggie, but in the name of continuity I hope it is possible to make the change. -Arpie

Sure. I'd be glad to do so to avoid future confusion. It is certainly possible and easy - I took an executive decision and did so with the user who called him/herself "Alg1sKul1iukas" because that was clearly a deliberately provocative act.

Before doing this though, I'd like Robert to agree to switch to being "Eversbane" again here and whoever grabbed "Recursive Prophet" to agree to switch to something else.

It would be so so much easier if people just used their real names or, at least, didn't play games pretending to be others on new discussion boards.

Algis
AlgisKuliukas

Postby RobertRothbury » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:58 am

I will continue to use my own name. 'Eversbane' has been tainted here.

I remain eversbane elsewhere, which isn't much really - TR, Rationalia, RatSkep, TSF, Theologyweb, Richard Dawkins, Randi, and a couple of others.
RobertRothbury

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:02 am

RobertRothbury wrote:I will continue to use my own name. 'Eversbane' has been tainted here.

I remain eversbane elsewhere, which isn't much really - TR, Rationalia, RatSkep, TSF, Theologyweb, Richard Dawkins, Randi, and a couple of others.

Ok.

I understand very well the concept of a user being tainted.

Algis
AlgisKuliukas

Postby Recursive Prophet » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:11 am

RobertRothbury wrote:I will continue to use my own name. 'Eversbane' has been tainted here.

Now now Dave. You know I know Robert Rothbury isn't your real name. :lol: And fyi I always washed my hands before posting as eversbane. After too. ;)
Recursive Prophet

Postby RobertRothbury » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Dave's not here, man!
RobertRothbury

PreviousNext

Return to Greetings