Welcome

Introduce yourself to everyone. Remain anonymous if you insist but why not be a little more open and tell us who you really are?

Re: Welcome

Postby Not RP » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 pm

CEngelbrecht wrote:
Recursive Prophet wrote:Algis, the only dishonest person here is you. Your thesis demonstrates unequivocally that wading does not select for gait morphology. My forum name has no bearing on this fact. That you choose to introduce this is a red herring and given your penchant for this tactic I predict your red herring will evolve into an ad hominem. Not that you have ever understood what constitutes an ad hom.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what's with the sudden confrontation lingo? I can't see that this is called for with the above statements. Now it sounds like you are prone to abusive ad hominem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Add ad hominem to the list of things you don't understand.
Not RP

Postby CEngelbrecht » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:21 pm

What ever, dude
CEngelbrecht

Postby Not RP » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:43 pm

CEngelbrecht wrote:What ever, dude

Thank you for acknowledging your error. Are you sure you fully understand what constitutes an ad hominem? I'm always willing to help you learn, dude.
Not RP

Postby Iceaura » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Recursive Prophet wrote:
CEngelbrecht wrote:
Recursive Prophet wrote:Algis, the only dishonest person here is you. Your thesis demonstrates unequivocally that wading does not select for gait morphology. My forum name has no bearing on this fact. That you choose to introduce this is a red herring and given your penchant for this tactic I predict your red herring will evolve into an ad hominem. Not that you have ever understood what constitutes an ad hom.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what's with the sudden confrontation lingo? I can't see that this is called for with the above statements. Now it sounds like you are prone to abusive ad hominem.

To be fair, CE doesn't understand much of anything.
Eversbane, retract and apologise.
Iceaura

Postby PaulineMRoss » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:49 pm

simoninrio wrote:I was at school with Algis

Oh, excellent! Do spill the beans... OK, sorry, slightly off topic ;-)
PaulineMRoss

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:54 pm

Iceaura wrote:
Recursive Prophet wrote:
CEngelbrecht wrote:

Oh, now there's a surprise - another aquaskeptic joining - but pretending to be someone else.

If anyone's puzzled, there's another person on the "Science Forum" that goes by the name of "Iceaura" who has been arguing in favour of this idea for months. Shame he didn't join before an aquaskeptic cleverly nicked his name.

These guys are showing their true colours. I knew they wouldn't have the courage to come here and argue with the idea openly and rationally without their usual tactics.

Algis
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Postby Iceaura » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:07 am

AlgisKuliukas wrote:
Iceaura wrote:
Recursive Prophet wrote:
CEngelbrecht wrote:

Oh, now there's a surprise - another aquaskeptic joining - but pretending to be someone else.

If anyone's puzzled, there's another person on the "Science Forum" that goes by the name of "Iceaura" who has been arguing in favour of this idea for months. Shame he didn't join before an aquaskeptic cleverly nicked his name.

These guys are showing their true colours. I knew they wouldn't have the courage to come here and argue with the idea openly and rationally without their usual tactics.

Algis

To be fair, Algis doesn't really understand "rationally".
Iceaura

Postby Recursive Prophet » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:09 am

But they don't then throw out all those single factors. The adaptation to savanna distance travel and meat foraging is still allowed in legit discussion, as an important factor, considered and mulled over, despite its dethroning as the be all and end all factor making us human. A far less plausible and sensible accounting, btw, than the amphibious ape ever was - but its adherents are not now attacked personally, harassed and insulted wherever they dare show their faces.

After rereading some of iceaura’s comments a second time, I saw some very valid points such as the above. And now, as if to prove the above, cyjacking the name to attack Algis on his own site? I mean, do we really need to stoop to tactics like this to show he is wrong? You are making his case better than he ever could with your actions! And which of you clowns logged on as RP? As if he ever said anything half as intelligent as what he’s posted here. You weren’t even fucking subtle!

I would like to again apologize to both Algis and Elaine for this juvenile attempt to disrupt what I had hoped could be a rational debate. I would encourage Algis to close the iceaura account so that the user who is that person on TSF can log in here. Posting under a name commonly used by one of your opponents in an internet debate has got to be the ultimate level of hypocrisy! :oops:
Recursive Prophet

Postby Iceaura » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:23 am

eversbane wrote:
But they don't then throw out all those single factors. The adaptation to savanna distance travel and meat foraging is still allowed in legit discussion, as an important factor, considered and mulled over, despite its dethroning as the be all and end all factor making us human. A far less plausible and sensible accounting, btw, than the amphibious ape ever was - but its adherents are not now attacked personally, harassed and insulted wherever they dare show their faces.

After rereading some of iceaura’s comments a second time, I saw some very valid points such as the above. And now, as if to prove the above, cyjacking the name to attack Algis on his own site? I mean, do we really need to stoop to tactics like this to show he is wrong? You are making his case better than he ever could with your actions! And which of you clowns logged on as RP? As if he ever said anything half as intelligent as what he’s posted here. You weren’t even fucking subtle!

I would like to again apologize to both Algis and Elaine for this juvenile attempt to disrupt what I had hoped could be a rational debate. I would encourage Algis to close the iceaura account so that the user who is that person on TSF can log in here. Posting under a name commonly used by one of your opponents in an internet debate has got to be the ultimate level of hypocrisy! :oops:

Oh get over yourself, Evers, since when has an internet name been protected property. Also, you might wish to check the users agreement to see if calling myself iceaura is in breach of the membership rules. You wouldn't want to encourage rule breaking would you? That would reek of hypocrisy and could get you banned under the membership rules.
Iceaura

Postby Recursive Prophet » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:23 am

Iceaura wrote:Oh get over yourself, Evers, since when has an internet name been protected property. Also, you might wish to check the users agreement to see if calling myself iceaura is in breach of the membership rules. You wouldn't want to encourage rule breaking would you? That would reek of hypocrisy and could get you banned under the membership rules.

And so now you steal my sig line? Really guys. This is making us Dags look bad. Do we really need underhanded crap like this to defeat Algis? In the name of Parsimony lets try and maintain a little decorum! Remember, we're scientists!! Yet it's starting to look like the pathos of our anti-Algis cult is even worse than RP has claimed at TR. Do we really want to prove an idiot like him right? :o
Recursive Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Greetings