Welcome

Introduce yourself to everyone. Remain anonymous if you insist but why not be a little more open and tell us who you really are?

Re: Welcome

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:25 am

PaulineMRoss wrote:
simoninrio wrote:I was at school with Algis

Oh, excellent! Do spill the beans... OK, sorry, slightly off topic ;-)

:oops:

Algis
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Postby Chakazul » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:49 pm

AlgisKuliukas wrote:
Iceaura wrote:
Recursive Prophet wrote:
CEngelbrecht wrote:
Recursive Prophet wrote:Algis, the only dishonest person here is you. Your thesis demonstrates unequivocally that wading does not select for gait morphology. My forum name has no bearing on this fact. That you choose to introduce this is a red herring and given your penchant for this tactic I predict your red herring will evolve into an ad hominem. Not that you have ever understood what constitutes an ad hom.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what's with the sudden confrontation lingo? I can't see that this is called for with the above statements. Now it sounds like you are prone to abusive ad hominem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Add ad hominem to the list of things you don't understand.

To be fair, CE doesn't understand much of anything.

Oh, now there's a surprise - another aquaskeptic joining - but pretending to be someone else.

If anyone's puzzled, there's another person on the "Science Forum" that goes by the name of "Iceaura" who has been arguing in favour of this idea for months. Shame he didn't join before an aquaskeptic cleverly nicked his name.

These guys are showing their true colours. I knew they wouldn't have the courage to come here and argue with the idea openly and rationally without their usual tactics.

Algis

Algis, how about some simple verification -- drop a PM in TR/TSF and ask the real guy if he has joined here, or ask the guy here to post a code back in TR/TSF as a proof.

I doubt "Recursive Prophet" is the real Recursive Prophet, and "Iceaura" can be safely removed.
All models are wrong, but some are useful.
Chakazul

Postby Iceaura » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Chakazul wrote:
AlgisKuliukas wrote:
Iceaura wrote:
Recursive Prophet wrote:
CEngelbrecht wrote:
Recursive Prophet wrote:Algis, the only dishonest person here is you. Your thesis demonstrates unequivocally that wading does not select for gait morphology. My forum name has no bearing on this fact. That you choose to introduce this is a red herring and given your penchant for this tactic I predict your red herring will evolve into an ad hominem. Not that you have ever understood what constitutes an ad hom.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what's with the sudden confrontation lingo? I can't see that this is called for with the above statements. Now it sounds like you are prone to abusive ad hominem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Add ad hominem to the list of things you don't understand.

To be fair, CE doesn't understand much of anything.

Oh, now there's a surprise - another aquaskeptic joining - but pretending to be someone else.

If anyone's puzzled, there's another person on the "Science Forum" that goes by the name of "Iceaura" who has been arguing in favour of this idea for months. Shame he didn't join before an aquaskeptic cleverly nicked his name.

These guys are showing their true colours. I knew they wouldn't have the courage to come here and argue with the idea openly and rationally without their usual tactics.

Algis

Algis, how about some simple verification -- drop a PM in TR/TSF and ask the real guy if he has joined here, or ask the guy here to post a code back in TR/TSF as a proof.

I doubt "Recursive Prophet" is the real Recursive Prophet, and "Iceaura" can be safely removed.

To be fair, Chak doesn't understand the forum tules.
Eversbane, retract and apologise.
Iceaura

Postby CEngelbrecht » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:32 pm

"Freebird, the mantra of the moron."
- Bill Hicks
CEngelbrecht

Postby Iceaura » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:19 pm

CEngelbrecht wrote:"Freebird, the mantra of the moron."
- Bill Hicks

To be fair CEngelbrecht knows a lot about the mantra of the moron.
Eversbane, retract and apologise.
Iceaura

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Iceaura wrote:
CEngelbrecht wrote:"Freebird, the mantra of the moron."
- Bill Hicks

To be fair CEngelbrecht knows a lot about the mantra of the moron.

I've tried to be fair to this person, but enough is enough.

Algis
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Postby NotAlgis » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:31 am

thread needs more drama
NotAlgis

Postby admin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:23 am

ThinkingApe wrote:I like the aquatic ape theory not just because it actually attempts at explaining an evolutionary mechanism that is a bit more detailed than "and then we left the trees and started living on the plains". But that is not to say that I believe it - I just think it has value. It also combines well with my instinctive hunch that a lot of our development from apes to man occurred in corridor forests (on either side of rivers) - which is where wading confers huge advantages over non-waders (chasing prey, foraging, avoiding predators, fishing, competing for mates with less-able-to-waders.)

I hope this forum can remain above all that unsavoury malarkey and I wish it well. I will stay anonymous though - as the arguments can get a little heated and I have my reputation in other areas to consider.

Let's not believe any single theory, let's just enjoy a rational discussion about what could be the strengths and weaknesses of all of them.

Thinking Ape

Welcome, ThinkingApe, and thanks for your vote of support. Much appreciated.

Your anonymity is, of course, your right and will be respected.

Algis
admin
Site Admin

i-excel — Шаблоны WordPress. Скачать бесплатно премиум шабло

Postby Jeffreydop » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:55 am

i-excel — Шаблоны WordPress. Скачать бесплатно премиум шаблон Вордпресс Show more!..
i-excel — Шаблоны WordPress. Скачать бесплатно премиум шаблон Вордпресс i-excel — Шаблоны WordPress. Скачать бесплатно премиум шаблон Вордпресс!
Jeffreydop

i-excel — Шаблоны WordPress. Скачать бесплатно премиум шабло

Postby Jeffreydop » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:56 am

i-excel — Шаблоны WordPress. Скачать бесплатно премиум шаблон Вордпресс More info...
i-excel — Шаблоны WordPress. Скачать бесплатно премиум шаблон Вордпресс i-excel — Шаблоны WordPress. Скачать бесплатно премиум шаблон Вордпресс!
Jeffreydop

PreviousNext

Return to Greetings