Reality Check Podcast: Jim Moore on the AAT

Use this section to review web sites, film documentaries, radio programs, podcasts etc.

Reality Check Podcast: Jim Moore on the AAT

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:52 am

Listen to the recent "Reality Check" podcast where Jim Moore was interviewed about his opposition to the "aquatic ape hypothesis".

Comments and thoughts?
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Re: Reality Check Podcast: Jim Moore on the AAT

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:02 pm

In his interview, when asked about his motivation to campaign against the idea and its proponents, Jim Moore said this...

"I like reality. And I kind of get annoyed when people.... I think that the thing that annoys me most with the aquatic ape proponents is that they mislead people, whether they're deliberately trying to or just because they're wrong on so many points, they mislead people and they litter the landscape with what Darwin called "false facts" which, he said, endure long. Well they have all these false facts like rhinos have an aquatic ancestor or, you know, or only humans among all primates have fat the way we do, things like that. And these things just last and last, they what's also called zombie facts because you keep killing em and they don't die. It's a real problem and I think it's really mean to do that to people who are just interested in us and in evolution and it's little science, they want to know about something, they don't know about it, so they're listening to someone who says they know about it. I've been studying this and I know about it so here they go "oh ok that's interesting that's a good story and it's really fascinating" you know and they don't realise that they're getting snowed. And I find that very annoying, that people do that to people who's only crime are that they're interested."

I find this very hypocritical. For 18 years now, Jim's been misleading people about the so-called "AAH".

Algis
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Return to Other Media