Hysteria

Discussions about Waterside Hypotheses of Human Evolution or any other topic related to human evolution.

Moderator: CEngelbrecht

Hysteria

Postby CEngelbrecht » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:39 am

While searching water birth, I stumpled onto this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... htest.html

A supermodel gave birth at home using no painkillers. She claimed it didn't hurt. Cue hysteria from mothers around the world, including Daily Mail's journalist:

If she's hoping to endear herself to other new mothers, then supermodel Gisele Bundchen may find she's going the wrong way about it.

Aparently, it's a natural law that human birth has to be lethal pain and agony. Unless it isn't:

Gisele gave birth in her bathtub at home in Boston.

What if we have misunderstood the nature of childbirth as well? We have misunderstood a lot of things throughout history. For instance that the world we stand on in the center of the Universe, and people have been burned alive for syggesting otherwise.
CEngelbrecht

Re: Hysteria

Postby AlgisKuliukas » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:19 am

Many women find water birth help with labour pains, Chris, but it's no panacea.

Algis Kuliukas
Waterside hypotheses of human evolution assert that selection from wading, swimming and diving and procurement of food from aquatic habitats have significantly affected the evolution of the lineage leading to Homo sapiens as distinct from that leading to Pan. (p118)
Kuliukas, A., Morgan, E. (2011). Aquatic scenarios in the thinking on human evolution: What are they and how do they compare?. In: Vaneechoutte, M., Verhaegen, M., Kuliukas, A. (2011). Was Man More Aquatic in the Past?
AlgisKuliukas

Re: Hysteria

Postby CEngelbrecht » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Yes, I know. Fair enough. I don't want to fall hysterical at the other end of the spectrum, either.
CEngelbrecht

Return to General Discussion